Thursday, 27 March 2014

Tip for arm lymphers

To my page about Shopping for Lymphedema wear there is a comment from a reader with arm Lymphedema, asking for advice about clothing. I thought about a loosefitting, baggy top under a stylish corsage in order to provide room for her arm and maintaining shape on her upper body not to mention looking stylish. I really think a long sleeved baggy top takes the non-decency right out if the corsage and makes it look rather elegant. One could have a number of tops to combine with the same corsage. What do you guys think? Please throw a comment!

Something like this. This one has a lace-up back. I found it here.

With a top a little like this under, perhaps without the thing in the middle.
I found it on eBay but lost the link (I searched for chiffon top).

 
Or this one, that I got for myself a little while ago.

It would probably look a little like this, only more
baggy over the bust, which I think would look nice.

I also found some funky bustiers/corsages here.

I wonder if one could use a strappy top over a baggy top instead of a corsage, or if it would look too bulky. I might give it a try and see how it goes, will let you know. 





7 comments:

  1. I like the idea and the tops, but it isn't wise to wear tight fitting clothing on your touso. What lymphatic fluid does drain follows the lymphatic system to a duct in the lower left abdomen. Tight clothing will further block fluid drainage. Also lymphedema caused by breast cancer treatment usually is typically accompanied by trunk lymphedema that is less apparent than in the arm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thank you for you comment, I hadn't thought about that.
      Liz

      Delete
  2. Hi, my name is Richard. I currently live in Hawaii. I hope it's okay that I've been reading and finding inspiration in your posts. As a male, I feel the same isolation and loneliness must describe here. I have primary, so I believe. I woke up one morning in January 2006 after getting over flu symptoms, lying in bed I noticed my ankle had swollen like a pineapple. I lived in a basement flat in Colorado at the time and assumed I'd been bitten by a mosquito or worse. I let it go as I was still kinda weak from the flu. But 24 hours later I noticed the swelling had moved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick, thanks for writing. Know that you are indeed very welcome here! This blog is for everyone, and you are not the only male reader. Some of the text in your comment seems to have been lost on the way.
      Primary Lymphedema can appear in the strangest ways, yours sounds rather dramatic! I hope you are coping.
      Please write again, I am glad you found my blog :-)
      Warm regards
      Liz

      Delete
    2. Hi again, Rick. In fact it could have been a mosquito bite triggering your Lymphedema to break out - it happens! It was probably still lurking in the back and would very likely have broken out anyway at some point. Lymphedema is such a mysterious condition...
      Liz

      Delete
  3. We have a few suggestions in our post about styling for upper extremity lymphedema, check it out on our Tumblr! http://tmblr.co/ZCGmCu17I5Nxu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, thanks for this - there are some great styles there!
      Liz

      Delete