Friday, 7 June 2013

Print, send, help

For the cost of a stamp everybody can help raise awareness about Lymphedema, how to recognize it and what to do about it.

So many Lymphedema patients are never diagnosed because too many doctors don't know about this condition. I have created a flyer about Lymphedema that those who want can download (for free, of course) print on their own printer and send or give to doctors or others who could benefit from learning about Lymphedema, how to recognize it and what to do. Download the flyer here. It is only the very basics as I am thinking that once they have a clue what might be up with their big-legged or big-armed patient there are plenty of medical sites, books etc. where they can find more information.
I once gave the three doctors in the practise where I go a leaflet each that I had from my patient association. The board of the patient association have been discussing sending leaflets to all practises in the country but I think they ended up deciding against it as it would be too costly. Anyway, I am thinking that with this flyer we can all be ambassadors and help doctors etc. understand Lymphedema so that more patients can be diagnosed and get help. I hope some of you will want to print it and pass on. Download it here.

You can print as many as you like, the more, the better. I am planning to find a list of doctors in my area and send a bunch.

I placed three flyers in an A4-sheet so please cut along the dotted lines.

If anyone out there is interested in the flyer in other languages, feel free to translate the text, e-mail it to me on thelymphedemagirl@gmail.com and I will place it in the layout and upload it so that it is available for downloading and printing like this one.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Thanx ever so much! It is really appreciated as Os all the information here.

    KimMJ
    bast830@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thank you so much, I am glad you are finding it useful!
      Liz

      Delete