Thursday, 23 August 2012

As good as new

Next month I will be going for my annual wrapping session before having my leg measured for new stockings. The trousers I use when bandaged are much less black than they used to be, they are not new either. However, they are not that worn and they are the only trousers I can use when wrapped so I am pleased I've got them. The other day I freshened up the colour with some cheap Rit dye in my parents washingmachine and they came out real nice. They don't look very sophisticated as it is (the trousers, not the parents...) but at least they no longer look old and faded (the parents a little, perhaps...). Anyway, they came out nice. I recently got some light blue, wide legged jeans from an auction and I dyed them blue, it worked well too.

Before and after.

6 comments:

  1. Got the book just tonight - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very useful - some good stuff in there for problem-solving not just for lymphedema but other things too. I appreciate that they said it takes a year to adjust to having a chronic illness, and how weirdly stressful lymphedema can be - nobody else seems to understand this, and I've had a friend tell me "I'm obsessed" with my health. Though I was diagnosed in March 2011 I count my first year as starting in September because that's when I ended up in hospital with an infection due to my ignorance and poor advice from a previous clinic - so my year's almost up!

      Delete
    2. Hi Elaine,
      I too have thought that learning to live with a cronic illness is a little like loosing a loved one, the first year is the hardest. I think it takes much longer - if ever - to adjust fully, at least for some. Even after more than three years I still feel I am in a process and I still go through rough patches.

      Delete
  2. I thought I'd emailed you already! Sorry about that... thank you so much for the book. It is great. I tore through the "friends and family" section and now it is taking a turn on my mom's nightstand. We are going to get a lot from it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina, I'm glad you finally got it :-)
      I hope you and your Mum will enjoy it.

      Delete