Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Dry skin

My skin has been quite dry lately. I haven't been very good at putting lotion on either. Last week I got some oil – Evening Primrose and flaxseed – to put in my vegetable juice when I make that. One tablespoon is appropriate for a big glass (400-500 ml) of juice. I usually go for carrot, ginger and lemon, sometimes also an apple, it is beautyful! In the season I also add beetroot. Anyway, a spoonful of oil in the juice does wonders for my skin. The winter before last winter I didn't put on lotion at all, the oil was enough. Skincare from the inside. How do you look after your skin?

Check out the cuteness below, it is from my parents garden where they often hang out (the deers). It didn't use to be like that when I was a child but in recent years the numbers have increased and perhaps they think the nearby forrest is too crowded. Perhaps they just feel adventurous. These are quite young too but at the moment there is also a tiny baby, haven't seen it yet though.




4 comments:

  1. I think the idea of skincare "from the inside out" is interesting. I have the problem that different parts of my body have different issues - my face is actually pretty oily, but I have a real tendency to dry skin elsewhere.

    I use lotion on my leg - Bodyshop Coconut Body Butter, which I was using before I even got lymphedema - and am religious about putting it on after every shower. Last winter I also used a humidifier in my apartment; the air gets very dry inside in Japan during winter. I wish I'd done that years ago - not only did it really help my skin, a lot of my allergies got better too! Maybe this is a "benefit" that the lymphedema has brought to my life??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine, that's great that the Lymphedema also brought you something good ;-)
      The coconut body butter sounds nice - I'd probably end up eating it!
      Liz

      Delete
  2. Hi I just found your blog and it makes my heart feel good to kno I'm not alone. Although I'm not as positive about my lymphedema as you seem to be maybe I will be someday. Those deer are cute by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leenie, welcome to my blog, I'm glad you found me :-)
      Thanks for saying I seem positive. What I write here are the good bits. Much of the time I worry about my Lymphedema and most days I look like a sack of potatoes but who wants to read about that ;-) However, I do feel that I have come a long way in the strange journey of learning to live with Lymphedema. I feel honoured and warm inside that what I write can inspire other lymphers out there and I get a lot from you guys commenting :-)

      Delete