Monday, 9 January 2012

Style Consultation #3

Even though my Style Consultation started a bit dodgy as she put me into a hidious, long knit dress that brought out my not flat tummy and a couple of baggy jumpsuits that made me look like parachutejumper sack-of-potatoes hybrid I am glad I went and I will go again, perhaps when the Summer sale starts. One of my Christmas pressies was a voucher for that same departmentstore I went to, so I can use that next time.
I got some good tips and I took home some items that I would not have thought of or found myself. Good to get some new input and inspiration. I am sure many of you feel like I do about touring from shop to shop without finding anything that fits, especially these skinny-jeans days. I would recommend a Style Consultation if you can get to one, I think many big departmentstore do it for free.
Good news: The 70'ties style is coming back, widelegged items are ahead! 

The general tips the stylist gave me:
  • Spice things up with colours, ie white top, green cardi, dark trousers/pants. Contrasts make a more lively look.
  • Wear colours that match your eyes. My eyes are blue-green, she told me to wear the colours of the sea. I'm more into red though but will give it a try.
  • Look in the mirror from a distance. Most of us stand fairly close to the mirror but try to move the mirror to a place where you can stand from a distance, it makes a big difference. Looking from a short distance makes us look bigger than we are and gives us a distorted image of ourselves. It may sound lame but it works, try it!
  • Set things off with accessories, ie a long necklace or a belt.

The tips that were more related to my leg challenge:
  • Shape your upper body by wearing short, tight cardigans. Emphasize a line at your slimmest point, your waist. That can be done by tucking the top down the trousers, wear a top in a colour different to the trousers and bringing attention to the area with a nice belt. I am thinking a fitted blazer will do the trick too. Lots of them in the new H&M spring collection. Leave the cardi or blazer open.
  • Tuck the trousers down into your boots to create a casual but fresh look. Tie the boots only loosely, this way the difference between the good and the bad leg doesn't show.
  • Wear legwarmers. Make them sit puffy and you can wear a skirt or dress that doesn't come all the way down.
If you have any tips on how to look good with Lymphedema any comments will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
You can see the other posts about the personal shopper here and here.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment