Monday, 7 November 2011

Microsurgery

There has been a comment about microsurgery, it is with the previous post. I knew that it existed, but have never heard of anyone IRL that have actually had it. Melissa, I am very interested in learning about your situation and how it's going after the surgery. I should be so very grateful if you would contact me on thelymphedemagirl@gmail.com
Update: Check out Melissas blog about her Lymphedema microsurgery.

Last week I went to have my leg measured for the new stockings and the Jovipak nightgarment that I hope to get – still waiting for Handicapcenter to get back to me on that. I do my best to keep the swelling down until the stockings are ready, with pumping and wrapping every night.

My new pump, the LymphaPress Mini is really, really good. There is a world of difference to the MultiPress12 I had before. My leg looks so fine and feels so drained after 45-60 minutes in the pump. The pumping really softens the tissue and that way prepares it for the bandages so they can do their job more efficiently.

Check out the diet poll (in the right column) and the interesting score so far.

The picture is of a little cycle/walk path near me, a little peaceful detour I sometimes take on my way home from work. The leaves are everywhere at the moment, there are places where a snowplough would be handy! I guess they will be out soon enough as winter is approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment