Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Still shaken...

A little update: My good foot has gone back to more or less what it was before the weekend. That's a relief, although I still feel shaken and scared. It does go up a little come evening, but it's been like that for a long time. It might not be anything, but it might be the early stage. Time will tell. I am going to my therapist next week for a big wrapping session, so might talk to her about it. And I might not. Depends on how it goes. I am afraid she will tell me to start treatment, and then there is no turning back. I do know it is important to start treatment as early as possible, but I will need a little time to get my head around it.
I really can't see myself wearing compression stockings on both legs. I have enough on my plate with the one and I feel akward enough as it is.

I do wonder if the wine – or something else I had at the party Friday – did it. I have never ever noticed anything with the Lymphedemaleg when drinking. A reader here on the blog seems to keep the swelling down with a very restricted diet, others don't notice any difference with what they eat or drink. To try and clarify what differs on how many I have set up a poll where one can vote for the foods/ingredients that make their condition worse, if any. I find this very interesting. I very much hope you would like to vote and help put some light on this matter, you will find the poll in the right column. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm bookmarking this blog! I'm currently caring for my mom because of her chronic health conditions - lymphedema care is a big part of our every day lives! Recently, I had a scare like you're talking about, noticing swelling in new spots, and wondering if it is lymphedma and what the heck to do. Still undetermined, but we've got a dr. appt. soon. I can relate to the intense feelings that come with discovering new swelling. Please do talk to your PT or doc. asap so you can address it (if needs be) before the swelling hurts the lymph vessels further. No one diagnosed my mom for almost twelve years, now she has to wrap both legs from toes to thighs. Would life be different if we'd been managing it properly from the early stages? I'm sure it would. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,
    thank you heaps for your comment and for reading. I guess you are right and I will speak to my therapist about it next week.
    I am sad that your mum wasn't diagnosed for nearly twelve years, but I'm glad she is now being looked after - by docs and daughter :-)
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete