Sunday, 18 September 2011

Elevating my bed


As I was changing the linnen on my bed yesterday I though I might as well show a picture of how I elevate my leg at night. As you can see I've put some old phonebooks under the bed itself, and under the topmatress I've put some towels in the right side. Quite a few, actually. Once all the covers are back on none of all this really shows.
I've got a post about a cushion designed to elevate the legs, check it out here.


These are the shoes I wore for the wedding, I got them two days before! Cheap-and-cheerful. The colour isn't very fancy at all, but they did the job and the dress would cover them most of the time anyway. I had to get them quite big, size 41 – I used to wear 38 or 39. I got an inlay to put in the one for the good foot and also folded up one of those little socks and put in the back of the shoe to fill it out. The pearls etc. around the ankle is not really my thing, but that and the zipper made the shoe sit pretty good and they were fine to walk in.


Today I have finished my annual batch of rosehipjam. I cooked it yesterday, let it sit overnight and transferred it to jars today. It tastes absolutely heavenly. Nothing more, nothing less. It is a big job to prepare the rosehips but the result is so worth it. Happiness in a jar.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I just stumbled upon your blog and I wanted to say that it's great to find other people out there who have primary lymphedema. I also have it and it's such a challenge, especially when it comes to dressing up for special occasions. I'm already obsessing about what I'm going to wear to a wedding next year!! :/

    I have had primary LE in my left foot/ankle since I was a teenager (I'm 35 now.)

    Anyway, thank you so much for writing about your experiences. I will be sure to check in on your posts!

    Tonya
    Boston, MA - USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tonya,
    thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave a comment.
    You are so right, dressing is a challenge, especially dressing up. I was in a bit of a state too about the outfit for the wedding I've just been to. Not to worry though, you are in good time and you will find something, there are lots of options for LymphA'Divas ;-) We just have to be creative and think of what we can do instead of what we can't. I actually have a draft for a post about the dresses I looked at, will publish it soon.
    Thanks for reading my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete