Thursday, 14 July 2011

Shopping for Lymphedema wear

Since my Lymphedema started, going out shopping is no fun at all. Finding trousers and shoes that fits the leg and foot is like searching for a needle in a haystack. However, webshopping is something else. How easy and comfy it is to browse from home, having all the shops in the wolrld only a click away, and then having looked and chosen, recieving the goods in my mailbox or at work – how much easier does it get?

Realizing how much hassle some lymphedemapeople have finding clothes and thinking of how I would have liked any tips on this I have launched a page here on the blog with my tips on shopping for Lymphedema clothes.
I have put the link in the right column on the main page, but you can take the fast lane here to check it out now.

2 comments:

  1. I have lymphedema in my left arm from lymph node removal. It sucks big time trying to find clothes! I would love to wear cute summer dresses and tank tops but I'm not comfortable with how one arm is so disproportioned to the other. I have a small frame, which is unfortunate because I tend to wear XL size tops, which really hang on me, but do fit my "hippo" arm, as I call it.

    www.holyclothing.com has some really nice clothes. I've bought a shirt from them, and they also have a style of pants that has large leg holes and many skirts and dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dori,
    thanks for your tip, the shop you mention indeed has some nice things.
    I have copied your comment on to the page itself as I learnt commenting on pages is possible, just had to activate it. Thanks again.
    LymphedemaGirl

    ReplyDelete