Saturday, 28 May 2011

So long, old girls...


Today I have packed almost all of the old shoes that I can no longer get my feet into, at least not the lymphedema foot. They are going to my storage room in the basement. I could have thrown them out or given them away, but I feel it would be accepting that this is for life, and I am not ready to do that. Some of the shoes, however, I will try to sell some heels that I don't care that much for anyway. I hope that one day I'll be able to use some of my old companions again. Feeling a little sad now, looking at the picture. I am going to do the same with some skirts and dresses I have.
It looks a bit over the top with 16 pairs, but most of them are old.

I am still making sprouts, alfalfa again and now also chickpeas – or gabanzo beans as I now know they are called in America. They sure are delicious, chickpeas – can't help munch on them even though they are not done yet, hmm. I use a little sprouting jar for the peas, but any glass could do.


I have ordered as much as three pairs of trousers – two very light fabric summers trousers and one pair of very widelegged jeans, feeling excited to get them all.

2 comments:

  1. Horrible to say but it is good to see that its not only me with over 30 pairs of shoes in the basement and a lot of skirts and dresses. I don't want to give them up, I love them, i even have shoes and clothes i never have used. I just can't give it up. One day i will use them again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aisha,
    exactly, can't give it up! We will use them again :-)
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete