Saturday, 8 January 2011

Bunion

Over Christmas and New Year I have had big problems with pressure on my foot. I have now got a proper bunion near the little toe and it has been very sore. One morning after removing the wrapping I had worn for the night there was almost like half a marble sticking out. After a few days inside and thus without shoes, and also without the toecap, things were better, and now it is OK again. I dug out the very first toecap I got and cut a hole where the bunion is, so I now have a little less pressure on it. It works well so far, but for how long it will stay back to unravel. Must really get some new and bigger shoes, will probably have to buy two pair, one in each size, as the lymphedemafoot needs a bigger size than the other one.

I've ordered two more Easy-Slides from Lymphedemaproducts.com, as I recently recieved a discount code for "unlimited shipping" (WINTER). It turned out that it was not applicable to overseas customers, but instead I managed to get a 20% percent discount which would cover the shipping. Subsequently, the company contacted me and said that the shipping choise I made is only for America. This time, however, they will send them by post, but in the future I am looking at $83 for shipping, so this company is no longer an option for me. As I now (well, soon) have three Easy-Slides I won't have to buy for a while, but when I do, I will probably shop from the company where I bought my first Easy-Slide, brightlifedirect.com


Last Sunday I made a pumpkin pie and it came out beautyful. I will definitely make it again next pumpkin season. I used the Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie recipe and it worked fine with my homemade pumpkin puree from my freezer.

1 comment:

  1. Wearing the right kind of shoes is very important. Go roomy and comfortable. Pick shoes that have a wide toe and skip those with high heels or pointed toes. Also, spending long periods of time on your feet can aggravate the symptoms of bunions. I use SmartToes Toe Stretchers for bunion treatment and hammer toe treatment. The unique design helps straighten and align your toes and feet and provide relief for bunion and hammer toe.

    ReplyDelete