Sunday, 17 October 2010

Pumpkin soup

Friday I went to the Physio to be bandaged for the last time before the new compression stocking comes. I was hoping it would be in the mail yesterday, but no. Now I try to keep the swelling down myself as best I can until the stocking arrives. During the day I wear a light dressing on top of the stocking and at night a proper bandage.

Yesterday I made a delicious pumpkin soup. I do this every autumn and freezes portions every time so I have for most of winter. Last year I found this recipe which I have now tried a few times, it is really good. I use a Hokkaido pumpkin and a handful of carrots instead of what the recipe states, and I leave out the cream. Also, I don't roast the vegetables nearly as long as in the recipe. It is a soup that takes time to make, but the result is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment