Tuesday, 31 August 2010

My first MLD

Today I have been to my first Manual Lymph Drainage with a physiotherapist, and it went really well. My leg is quite soft and the lymph fluid is mobile, so that's good. The massage was very comfortable and my therapist is really sweet and very knowledgeable. Immediately after, it was clear to see that the forefoot had gone down a fair bit. I walk around almost with a little cushion much of the time but she managed to almost make it disappear. She said that it is in the hours just after drainage that the body is really working with the treatment, so I am curious to see what the measurements say tonight. I measure my legs six places every morning and evening monitoring the development. Next session is on Thursday where another hour on the couch awaits me, feeling excited about it. The strategy is to give me a couple of long and very thorough treatments, kickstarting the body and then see how how I react to it.
I am so glad that I found this clinic.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! I no longer have insurance, for my lymphedema, but I have learned to do MLD to my self, plus I wear 20/30 compression stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you have learnt to do it yourself!
    I would like to learn too :-)

    ReplyDelete